Welcome Back to School Boris Elementary Community:
The 1st day of the 2021-2022 school year is upon us. We are thrilled to have over 650 students on our campus tomorrow morning. The following information will help you to navigate through the 1st day and school year.
- COVID-19 Safety Plan: To help prepare for this school year, we want families to be aware of important measures in place to promote a successful return to full-time, in person learning in Clovis Unified and at Boris Elementary School. The CUSD 2021-2022 School Safety Plan is available using the following link: https://www.cusd.com/2021-22SchoolYear.aspx
- Masks: Until further notice, students and staff are required to wear masks while in an indoor setting with other students. Masks may be removed while in an outdoor setting. Families who have a medical exemption (signed by a medical practitioner) must wait for final verification and written response of that verification from our school nurse.
- Visitors: In order to keep the community as safe and secure as possible, the Boris campus will NOT allow any Visitors on campus during the school day, including athletic practices. Any visitor must report to the main office during school business hours.
- School Schedule: Please review the Boris Elementary school schedule for information about start and dismissal times. Only students participating in a school related activity will be allowed to remain on campus after school dismissal time. Breakfast service begins at 7:45am in the MPR (cafeteria). Younger students will be escorted to the MPR once they arrive on campus if they are eating breakfast.
- Drop Off: All students will be dropped off at a designated location in the main office parking lot adjacent to Clinton Avenue and proceed to the blacktop area located in the center of campus. Parking will be allowed in the Redda parking lot ONLY for AM Kindergarten families. PM Kindergarten parents will park in the main parking lot when dropping off their students for 11:40am. ALL Kindergarten students will be escorted AND monitored by an adult, until their teacher walks to meet the class and begins to enter the school fence.
- Pick Up: All students will be picked up in the main office parking lot adjacent to Clinton Avenue. Please exercise patience as there is construction taking place around our school and this process may take some time to perfect. PM Kindergarten students will be escorted to the Redda parking lot (bus entrance/exit).
- Sports Practice: Fall sports are available for students in grades 4th – 6th. All practices will begin on Tuesday, August 17th. Practice will be held from 3:15 – 4:15pm. No visitors are allowed on campus during this time.