Folklorico at Boris Elementary – 2023-2024
- Boris Elementary’s Folklorico Group will be composed of students who enjoy learning some of the traditions of the Mexican culture. These traditions will be expressed through music, song, and dance. Our goal is to teach cultural appreciation and provide an arena for artistic expression.
- 3rd – 6th grade Practices are throughout the year primarily on Mondays. There will be some Tuesday practices when Monday is a holiday and a couple of Saturday practices when we get closer to our annual show in March.
- Kindergarten – 2nd grade
- There will be a separate clinic (March 2024) for our younger students. All students who come to the clinic will perform in our annual show! More information will come out in Feb. 2024 to let you know how to sign your child up and the exact date and location of the clinic.
- Parent Help
- Annual Show (FOOD VENDOR, dance floor if outside, set up, clean up, sending out donation letters)
- Organization (closet/typing/filing, etc.)
- Please email me and let me know if you are available to help.
- Practice Schedule
- Practices will be on Mondays from 2:45-3:45 pm in the MPR, on the stage, outside near the blacktop, or room 19.
TENTATIVE PRACTICE SCHEDULE FOR THE YEAR
*Oct. 16, 30
*Jan. 9(Tuesday), 16(Tuesday) and 22,29
*Feb. 5, 13(Tuesday), 20(Tuesday), 22, 29
*March 4 , 9 (Saturday), 11, 18, 19
- PLEASE ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILD TO PRACTICE AT HOME. EVEN PRACTICING 5 MINUTES A DAY WILL HELP THEM LEARN FOOTWORK AND BUILD CONFIDENCE.
- Attendance is taken at each practice.
- Annual Show (Tentative) – Thursday, March 21st before Spring break. Every dancer who comes to practice on a regular basis will perform in the annual show.
- Clovis East Folklorico Festival – Wednesday, March 20th
- You do NOT have to buy costumes. There will be smaller items (nylons, white tank tops, jeans, black pants, make-up, etc.) that you might need to provide for your child, but these are not mandatory. I will provide the costumes.
- Folklorico shoes are NOT mandatory for your child to participate in this group. However, wearing folklorico shoes or something similar, makes learning footwork easier. If you do plan on purchasing shoes, please get black shoes for the girls and black boots for the boys. The cost ranges from $65-80. I have purchased shoes from…
- Ballet Folklorico Y Marimba De Fresno – 5722 E. Kings Canyon Rd., Fresno, 93727 (559-283-3736)
- Contact: Linda Garcia – [email protected] or 327-3800
- Remind: Send a text to: 81010 Text this message: @borisfo
Please ask or see me if you have any questions!