2020-2021 New Student Registration
Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten
Beginning Thursday, February 27, 2020, complete pre-enrollment online. Go to: www.cusd.com and click on the kindergarten/Transitional kindergarten registration link.
Sign-up for an appointment time to complete your registration.
* Beginning March 11th, we will begin accepting new student registrations for Grades 1 – 6. hours available are 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
2020-21 Registration Information -
Kindergarten: Student must reach five (5) years of age on or before September 1, 2020. Transitional Kindergarten: Students trun five (5) years of age between September 2- December 2, 2020.
Kindergarten & Transitional
do I need to register my student?
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Driver’s license of birth parent/legal guardian
- Proof of Residence – Must be in birth parent/legal guardian’s name and be one item from the list below.
- Recent PG
& E bill
- Recent water, sewage or gas bill
- Current rental agreement
- Recent property tax payment receipt
- Recent pay check stub
- Escrow papers which verify closing date within 45 days
- Voter registration
- Certified copy of the voter application form
If you do not have proof of residence in your name, you will have to bring the person whose name is on the bill with you at the time of registration. There is an additional form you will need to complete.
12. Immunization records – for a complete list of immunization requirements, please click here.
13. Any court documents which pertain to student and custody issues
Who can register my student?
Biological parent or legal guardian/custodian of student. Remember, legal guardian and/or custodian
must present court order at the time of registration.
- What day is kindergarten registration? Online registration will begin on February 27, 2020. Go to: www.cusd.com for the registration link. Appointments on which your registration will be finalized
will begin on Wednesday, March 4, 2020.
- Is registration for transitional kindergarten held at the same time? Yes
- What is transitional kindergarten? A two-year program which introduces
our younger students to the kindergarten curriculum. Students whose birthday
falls between September 2nd and December 2nd are automatically qualified for transitional kindergarten.
- Is transitional kindergarten required? No, but you will not be permitted to enroll your
student until the following year when
they qualify for kindergarten based on
- We purchased a home in the Young Elementary area, but our escrow will not close until late August, September, etc. Can we still register our student at Young for the 2020-21 school year? No. You will need to register at your home school and then request a transfer from Student Services &
(SSSA) if you would like your child to start the 2020-21
school year at Young Elementary. Please remember, this is not a
guarantee of approval.
We look forward to meeting our new chargers!Any ?’s – please call (559) 327-3800 for assistance.